Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Question'd by investigators?

They said they found my fingerprints on liquor bottles of a bar that was robbed of liqour bottles and tv's . I told them I had never been to that bar or dont remember being there with the other suspects. the other suspect gave them a different story, supposedly. She told them I was there, I was looking through the bottles. I took what I took and left the rest. They asked me to identify the other suspects and asked me fess up to what i did, tell them where the tv's were, etc. The investigators let me go at the end of the 15 minute questioning and several times said they felt i was lying and that they would talk to the D.A. and get a warrant for my arrest ASAP. im scared. I dont know if fingerprints are enough to charge me... if there are even fingerprints there. They have pics of the other suspect there. Not mine because I wasnt there. That was my story as well. No knowledge of anything. They say they have fingerprints. I dont know what's next or if thats enough to charge me.
Answers:
It sounds like a bluff....if they had your prints, then they would have had that warrant by now and arrested you. It sounds like they wanted you to fess up because there were no prints, but just the other suspect's story.
Don't talk with them again. Lawyer up if they take you in for questioning. Don't say anything other than "I want an attorney." If they had fingerprints they'd have come with a warrant for your arrest.
If you weren't there theres no problem most they can do is finger print you and see if they match an since there not your prints its no problem .. now that said if they are your prints your in trouble lol. i would also say ask for a lawer to be present or hire one.
you should not talk to anyone w/o a lawyer! if you did nothing, then dont worry, they always say that they think you are lying, they told the other person the same thing. DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING WITH OUT A LAWYER!!! if you do that you should be cool.
Investigators will allways tell you they have more evidence then they do, so as to scare
the individual into telling the truth. No, finger prints are not enough to bring charges only if your finger prints were found and no others. Did they finger print you ? and make a match ? Even if you you are telling the truth they always will say your not. Just another tactic. If it goes any further I would tell them that you are not answering any more questions with out a lawyer .That should back them off. You already gave them more information than they legally should have. When you say they have pics of others do you mean they have other finger prints? From what I am reading they really don't have enough for a warrant.
Sincerely yours,
Fred M. Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net