Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Questions on abortion and crime?

1) Does abortion result in more crime, less crime, or have no effect? Why? Please give specifics and sources if possible.
2) Does your answer effect your views on abortion? Why? How?
Please don't try to guess my views. I'm trying to determine yours. thanks.
Answers:
I don't see a correlation between crimes and abortion. To be honest with you.
1 -- I consider abortion murder, and therefore a crime. However, typically the babies that would not have been aborted tend to commit more crimes, so even with all the "murders" the end result is less crime.
2 -- No, it does not. I'm going for the long shot: every conceived baby should have parents to look forward to, and all parents conceiving babies should look forward to having kids. I guess responsibility loses out to abortion, but I'll still cling to my utopian vision.
1. More, there have been instances where people walked into these clinics in the name of pro life and have taken others lives.
2. No, i'm pro choice under most circumstances. Only one I disagree with is using it as a contraceptive measure.
Abortion has no effect on crime. They are not related concepts. I guess if you look at this way it may have an effect: The babies that would have been born without abortion would grow up poor, unloved, and not taken care of (for the most part), so they will be more likely to commit crimes growing up in those conditions.
But I don't think that abortion itself causes more or less crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net