Saturday, October 24, 2009

Possession of Marijuana Ticket?

I am 19 years old and I got a ticket for possession of under 28 g of marijuana in Orange County, CA and I was just wondering what is most likely going to happen to me?
Also, this is my first offense.
Answers:
You CANNOT do jail time because, although this is a misdemeanor offense, the maximum punishment is a $100 fine (with assessments that will be around $325). (Health and Safety Code section 11357, subdivision (b).) Since that is the most the court can do, there is no reason to accept probation upon a conviction.
However, you may wish to avoid the conviction, even though the punishment is light. I have heard (though I do not know) that people with 11357(b) convictions have trouble getting into Canada. That may be true for other places as well. There are various ways to avoid a conviction. You will be entitled to appointed counsel if you cannot afford an attorney. Talk to him or her.
I belive I just earned 2 points.
You will have to pay a fine. I don't know what the fee is cause I live in Ventura County.
You'll probably get charged a fine, maybe probation.
Hey send me your email and I can help you with this. happytailskennel@yahoo.com Ive emailed you but You never email me back look for me in your spam.
This is a ticket for a misdemeanor offense and depending on how the judge is feeling you could just end up with a fine and probation or you could do a little jail time.
under an ounce, or 28g is just a misdemeanor, your looking at a small fine and a slap on the wrist.
You should have considered the consequences to begin with before you acted .Will the consequences of your Illegal action teach you to obey the Laws of the Land or will you continue to think Laws are for everyone else? Do you think you should be allowed to do whatever "feels good" regardless of the legality of your actions? I hope the Judge is wise enough to discover a punishment that will stop you from using drugs illegally again. I deplore drug users (even those in my own family) ... You do the Crime ... you do the Time ! If it's community service , I hope that you have to do something that you really hate and that is public enough to embarrass you . You young people need to learn how destructive illegal drug use is.. not just to you but to you entire family and the whole community.
Jail time. No doubt about it. What were you smoking pot for anyone? Do you live in a 3rd world country where things are so horrible you had to escape your existence?
If you are innocent, then you shouldn't accept a conviction. This is a perminent record. It can keep you from obtaining many jobs. Like government jobs. You didn't seem like you were denying it though. You should stay out of trouble. That way you won't have to worry about what will happen to you the next time. Stay away from any friends and family members who are involved in drugs.
I live in Missouri and just recently got a ticket for a half a pin joint! Misdeamenor. Cost me $200.00 It showed on my record until after my court date and the fine was paid - then disappeared off my record. Friends have told me that if a police officer were to run my license during a normal traffic stop, that it would show up and he would then be able to search me and my vehicle. Not a problem - the 200. fine was enough to ensure I wont have it in my vehicle again - so they can search me anytime! I don't know if thats true or not - I think only felony charges come up on their computers. I doubt anything will happen cause it was a small amount of pot and not meth or something. You just get to go to court and feel stupid and slighly humiliated like I did!
what ever it is I hope you learnt a lesson,it will stay on your record for a long time and could hurt your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net