Saturday, October 24, 2009

Possible to write off swimming pool for CP child?

We just had a son born with Cerebral Palsy, and one of the treatments for CP is aquatherapy, and I was wondering how hard it would be to be able to claim a swimming pool on my yearly taxes, or what I would have to do, get, or maintain with this pool to be able to do so.
Answers:
Before you do that, get a Certified Public Accountant advice. Couldn't cost more than $150.00. If the pool is paid for with a mortgage, you are already deducting the interest. I myself doubt the IRS would allow the full cost of a swiming pool, or the maintenance, just because a dr prescribes it.
Otherwise some children with rare diseases might benefit by flying at altitudes, so parents could deduct the cost of a Lear jet?
The easiest way to get this through is have your doctor recommend it in writing. You might even be able to get your insurance company to pick up a piece of it, but I wouldn't count on it.
Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net