Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pregnant & cancelled kids insurance.?

I work full time, and so does my fiance. However, we can still barely make ends meet with our 2 children. We pay our daycare out of pocket, and have medical assistance (medicaid) for the children only. I pay my insurance out of pocket, and my fiance is uninsured because we can't afford his policy. I recently found out I am pregnant, and applied for medicaid as a secondary insurance because I can't afford the deductable for the insurance that I have (bcbs.) I was approved, so I do have the medicaid now to cover the deductable. HOWEVER... they cancelled my 2 children's medicaid, because they said my recent raise (1.50/hr) put our income over the limit for them. So, now I have to pay out of pocket for 2 kids bcbs policies, yet I got approved for my secondary. I am so worried. I shouldn't have to quit my job and get a lower paying one just to make ends meet, but why do they have so many kinks in the system? And please don't make any comments about being pregnant again... bc pills failed
Answers:
Does your state have CHiP insurance for kids? I am In Pa,we have that here. My son was on this type of insurance while he was growing up and it didn't cost me anything. The income levels are quite high. Even if you make over the limit for free insurance,the paid insurance is very cheap. From what I read in your post,it sounds to me like you would qualify with no problems for the free insurance. It pays for almost everything. Check into it,the welfare office would have info on this type of insurance if it is available in your state.
yeah
That's why I use depo. May cost a little more but it's better (1 needle every 3 months). Pills fail if you go off schedule (or take any antibiotics ending in 'cillin')
All you can do is work through this. I'd say try to find a better paying job but I don't know the type of work you do and how the market is for your job type.
FIRST I WANT TO SAY I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR HAVING THE CHILD. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS, JUST HAVE YOUR BABY. YOU HAVE MANY PLACES OUT THERE THAT WILL HELP YOU FINANCIALLY SO YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CHILD. JUST PLEASE "DON'T GET AN ABORTION". CALL A CATHOLIC ORGANIZATION, AND TELL THEM YOUR SITUATION THEY WILL CONNECT YOU WITH HELP FOR YOUR CHILD TO BE. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FOR THINKING OF BRINGING A BEAUTIFUL LIFE INTO THE WORLD. "YOU WILL BE BLESSED FOR THIS".
You were approved for the medicaid because of the pregnancy not because of your income. It may suck but it's how it is.
Is is possible you could get the kids back on medicaid once you're a family of five and not a family of four?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net