Saturday, October 24, 2009

Prank Phone Calls If They Call You?

I know that prank phone calls are illegal, but if telemarkerters or collection agents call your house is it illegal to act crazy on the phone as long as you don't threaten or say bad language? They are harrasing themselves so why not have a little fun with it, i'm just wondering if its illegal when they call if I use a sound board with arnold saying who told you you could eatr my cookie? What could they legally do to me?
Answers:
it is usually illegal. but people are paid to listen in on some of the conversations to make sure that no "harassing" is being don. (not that it actually helps).
It wouldn't be considered a prank call if it's them calling you. Technically, you can act as crazy as you want when someone else calls you, they can't say it's harassing if they keep calling you back for more. They can't do anything.
BTW, that's a great idea! I'm totally going to do that next time they call me. :)
you could try to get it on tape then charge them after you *69 it or you could just block them from calling you after you *69 them
usually if i get a telemarketer i just start talking jiberish and then they usually hang up on you or just say that you are talking through the grape vien then they will think that you are crazy.
When telemarketers call me I ask them to hold on then wash my dishes or something crazy like that. They are never there when I come back ( gee I wonder why lol ).They never call again. I like your idea too and they can't do anything to you.
I don't think it's illegal if they call you. Be like me, have fun with them. Pretend you're interested in what they're actually selling and talk to them for half an hour and then suddenly hang up. They will call you back. Then when you pick up again say you're really not interested. That will annoy them.
They can do nothing to you. You are not legally required to act rationally or respect a telemarketer's feelings. If you want, you can fart in the phone and cuss at the top of your lungs. They called you and interrupted your privacy. You cannot threaten them, but you are under no legal obligation to be nice, or even intelligible to them.
Feel free to punk them. However, if you want to record you making fun of them, check the laws of your state before you record the person calling you. In some states it is illegal to record a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net