Saturday, October 31, 2009

Public notory - charges?

has anyone been to a public notory to certifield documents. anyone know how much it costs?
Answers:
I was sent a document which had to be returned to America eighteen months ago. My signature had to be witnessed by a public notary and neither the bank nor any other authority were acceptable. I had to produce my passport. A waxed seal was fixed to the document after I had signed and two witnesses, one being the notary, the other his secretary, countersigned the document. It cost me thirty five pounds. Clearly charges vary so it might be worth your while phoning around your local solicitors. Incidentally, not all solicitors in UK are notaries, so that also has to be investigated at the same time.
Go to your bank. They will do it for free. Your signature must be witnessed in front of them.
I had to have a document certified in 2004, I searched all over for someone to do it, including a bank and post office, eventually I was told that I would have to go to a solicitor to have this done. The cost at that time was 拢40 for 1 document. The cost may have gone up since then.
I was used to going to a public notery (which are abundant in the statesand doesn't cost all that much to have it done usually $5-10 sometimes less sometimes more depending on the type of document and how many documents you need certified) and was shocked to find out that only the legal profession is able to certify documents.
If it is a photo your doctor or bank can do it. You can also call your local court they should be able to tell you where you can get your documents certified
About a decade ago, they charge as little as $ 5 per document. Now it would be safe to assume at least about $15-$20/document.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net