Saturday, October 31, 2009

Question about custody?

I have sole custody and decision making for my 3 children and would like to move out of state. Do I need to go back to court to do so or can I just move? I live in Colorado.
Answers:
I have sole custody of my daughter. I moved from Michigan to Arkansas. Never had a problem. If your papers do however state that you have to notify the court.. then do it.. Call and ask your old attorney to make sure.
You can move your chidren at your will if you are the sole custodial parent. Unless it is otherwise stated in your custody agreement. The only exception to this would be if you are under the juridiction of Child Protective Services because of some incident
No you don't need to because you are the legal guardian...
END OF STORY
Do you have sole custody or legal guardianship with joint custody? I know that if it's joint custody then you can't legally just move out of state.
As long as the father has visitation rights, you MUST state to the clerk of the court or to the father that you are moving out of state! Also the court could might have to mediate the terms of custody changing your rights for sole custody to joint custody to allow the father time with his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net