Saturday, October 24, 2009

Probate Procedure?

My father passed a year in a half ago and he left my name on everything except this one account that has like 12,000.00 dollars. I believe it was stocks. He did not put down any beneficiary. I was told it does not need to go through probate because it is less than $100,000.00. However, I don't know what the next step is that I need to take in order to get the money.
What am I suppose to do?
Answers:
Call or write to the account holder to get information on transferring the money, or the value to your name.
contact a probate attorney
You would most likely need to provide a death certificate and any document that shows you are the only surviving heir to the estate. The bank should be able to tell you what you need to do to cash out the account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net