Saturday, October 31, 2009

Question about employment?

I have just started working as a vet tech at a low budget hospital, I signed no paper work before working and really had no idea i got the job until one of the doctors said "see you monday", I have no previous experience as a vet tech and I think it is a little odd that I am offered no manuals or anything to read, I am also getting paid with company cashier checks and not getting a pay stubb along with it, though i am keeping track of my hours. I have recently worked at a vet hospital as a receptionist for a year and a half and that one was not at all scared of the DEO. I do not wish to get my company in trouble i just think there is something fishy going around, thanks for any info anyone has to give
Answers:
Chances are something fishy is going on. You don't state where you are at, but most States require you to get a pay stub indicating any and all deductions.
I would ask for the stub -- say you need it to get a loan or something. If they are not required to provide you one, make them prove it.
And start looking elsewhere for a job -- and hey, you are now an experienced vet tech.
It's a small operation, use it as an opportunity to learn and get certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net