Saturday, October 31, 2009

Question about a judgment and my bank account?

I have a judgment and had to give them my bank account # so I assume they will freeze my account. My question is, if I open another account at a different bank, is it safe, is the only way for them to get that $ is if I give the new bank account #? or could they find/get it some other way?
Answers:
It is unlikely they will just put out garnishments to every bank in the area. (That would cost them a lot.) But, they can always bring you back in to find out where you new account is. Or, they can ask your old bank to give them the info about where money was transferred to.
Your best bet is to try to work out a payment plan.
The new bank account could probably be found. Use the cookie jar or your mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net